In the component of many fastened joints, the use of washers is vital. This tool is useful to the operation of every device with moving parts. They function beyond securing bolts, nuts, screws, and rivets. Washers can also insulate, lock, seal, and even provide a right spacing. This improves appearance, supply spring force, align parts, and distribute loads as well. There is a limitless type of washers available in the market. Washer Supplier can help you to select the most optimal type for your application. Thus, it is important to buy form the legit supplier to get the specific type that will work you. Getting the wrong type can result in machine downtime and lost production. Know the specific lock washers and each function to make a good buy.
Go over what each washer is and their use. There are types for lock washers that can work for split lock and sealing. For some extra work, you can have the internal tooth, external tooth, flat, and flat retaining.
- Split Lock. This washer is also called helical spring lock washers. You will see these types made out of a spring coil that cut or split. It has the two ends of the coil forced outward to the mating surface. Each end of the coil will actually bite into the surface of the head of the screw and to the surface you are fastening too.
- Sealing Washer. This is a form of a silicone rubber bonded to the steel of the washer. Most of these types work with screws, bolts, and nuts. For sealing needs, these are a simple solution. On the bottom of the washer is a seal for the surface of the washer face. The top also has the seal encases the shank and under the head of the fastener. These type of washer makes a complete seal from top to bottom.
- Internal Tooth. These types have teeth on the inner dimension and the outside is smoother. This can work for fasteners who have a smaller head. The head is usually fastened into the hole and the internal teeth will help grab the surface. At the same time, it resists against the force of the washer while compressing it.
- External Tooth. These washers have teeth on the outer dimension to bite into the surface it is on. Its inside is still a cylindrical hole designed for fasteners who have a bigger head. The external teeth will help grab the surface when the head fastens into the hole. At the same time of work, it resists against the force as it is being compressed.
- Flat Washers. You can pick this type for basic applications, where the hole is directly cot in the center of the washer. This washer type can accommodate all shapes and sizes.
- Flat Retaining. This washer has many holes in them so that you can screw or bolt it down. This can work for running your wire to the screw or bolt.
Consider these factors when buying washers. This can be a helpful guide in understanding and specifying washers. You will know the specific type that is capable to solve each engineering problem. ranging from engineering and custom manufacturing. You can also consult with a washer lock supplier as early as possible in the design process.